As of July 1, 2018, Crescend Health has merged with PathPoint and will adopt PathPoint’s name. All existing Crescend programs will continue under PathPoint, including Crescend’s Phoenix House and Mountain House residential facilities, and counseling services. For more information, please contact Jennifer Newbold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERVISED TRAINEE AND INTERSHIP PROGRAM AT CRESCEND HEALTH
WHAT WE DO: Crescend Health is a non-profit agency in Santa Barbara providing innovative psychiatric and dual diagnosis services. We have two residential facilities, Mountain House and Phoenix House. We offer services through our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)—Mainstream.
THERAPIST TRAINEE or INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are interested in graduate school level Trainees or Registered Interns to work individually, facilitate groups for adult clients that are the age of 18 years and older. Crescend Health provides a milieu environment.
The Trainee or Intern reports to the Clinical Director and works under their supervision. BBS hours available to qualified candidates.
* To provide high quality, compassionate and ethical mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
* To complete clinical documentation at a timely manner and in compliance with charting standards, policies and procedures.
* To assume a supportive role in developing initial treatment plans and implementing the plans of care.
* To facilitate individual psychotherapy and conduct group sessions and activities.
* To stay current with updated research and best practices.
* Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
* Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
* Maintain case files within electronic medical record (EMR) and update when necessary. Learn appropriate MediCal documentation procedures.
* Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment programs and services.
* Handle crisis intervention or other emergency situations in compliance with policies and procedures.
* Confer with clients to develop plans for post-treatment activities at discharge.
* Working towards a MA in Clinical Psychology or related field.
* Registration from the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Marriage Family Therapist Intern
* Some experience and understanding of severe mental illness and substance use disorders.
* Solid organizational skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours.
* Clean criminal records
* Proficiency in computer skills and electronic health records.
If you are interested in being considered for a position at Crescend Health in one of our programs, please contact:
Debra Simon MA, LMFT (License 53892)
Clinical Director/Clinical Supervisor
(805) 965 3434 ext. 107